marcomanganiello

⚣ MM Does MM ⚣

Review: "Will & Patrick Wake Up Married" (Wake Up Married, #1) by Leta Blake & Alice Griffiths

Will & Patrick Wake Up Married - Alice  Griffiths, Leta Blake

I absolutely enjoyed this first installment in the "Wake Up Married" series.

Will and Patrick are both wonderful MCs, and I'm pleasantly surprised with how the authors managed to create so much character depth and brought Will and Patrick to life in such a short number of pages.

Sure, the whole premise of the story (Will and Patrick meet at a bar in Vegas, get drunk, hook up, marry and then have to pretend to be happily married and in love because of Will's mobster family) is totally silly and OTT nonsense. But isn't this how all great screwball comedies work?

This book found the perfect balance between slapstick, comedy and drama (both MCs have had to deal with some personal issues for most of their lives) and I am totally eager to read the next books in the series. There's so much potential here and I'm already excited to see them hitting the sheets again. Hopefully sober this time.

Oh, and I might also be already a little in love with Patrick. I think I just might have a thing for sarcastic assholes.

On to the next book!