marcomanganiello

⚣ MM Does MM ⚣

Review: "Red Dirt Christmas" (Red Dirt Heart, #3.5) by N.R. Walker

— feeling confused
Red Dirt Christmas - N.R. Walker

“Why do you have to go saying stuff like that?” he whispered, before he nudged his nose to mine. “Being all sweet and shit.”

“Same reason you do your nose nudgin’ thing,” I whispered back, givin’ him an almost-kiss. “But I don’t need it to be Christmas Day to remind me how lucky I am. I wake up every day with you in my bed, so I KNOW how lucky I am.”

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

One of my biggest pet peeves in my books are fucked-up timelines. And as cute and fluffy as Travis's first (?) Christmas on Sutton Station was, Charlie's present to Travis at the end of the book makes no sense!

This book is supposed to take place between books #3 and #4 of the Red Dirt Heart series and it's allegedly Travis’s first Christmas at Sutton Station. I just finished reading Red Dirt Heart 4 before I read this one, and there was a HUGE storyline where Charlie and Travis were visiting Travis's parents in Texas and Charlie was totally nervous about meeting them for the first time. Yet here, he flew Travis's parents out to Australia as a Christmas present for Travis?!

So if he already met them before their trip to Texas, why was he so nervous in book #4? Or does #3.5 take place after that visit? If so, then it wasn't Travis's first Christmas in Australia, because they've been together for 2 years in book #4 and technically, that would make this book #4.5. No matter how I look at it, the timeline doesn't add up.

Inconsistencies like this bug the ever-living shit out of me, because I can't stop thinking about if I just missed something or if the storylines really don't add up.

I can't believe that Walker - or any of her beta readers for that matter - could miss this tremendous plot hole, because it involves two big plot lines from two books. Therefore, I subtract half a star for that.