marcomanganiello

⚣ MM Does MM ⚣

Review: "Come What May" (All Saints, #1) by A.M. Arthur

Come What May - A.M. Arthur

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and to be loved in return."

~ Moulin Rouge! ~

I was looking forward to read (and like) this book ever since I first laid eyes on that cute cover.

But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

The romance left me shockingly cold. Though I could sympathize with both Jonas and Tate and their respective background stories on a human level, I never fully warmed up to them as a couple.

Tate was too pushy for my taste in the beginning, with him basically forcing Jonas to admit to him that he's gay. And even later it felt like he was subconsciously forcing Jonas to come out, almost pressuring him even though Jonas was far from ready.

Jonas on the other hand went from "I'm straight!" and freaking out over hugging a gay guy to "Let's have sex!" in the course of one night. As OFY stories go, this was one of the less realistic ones that I've read. It was pretty silly.

Their chemistry in bed was hot enough, but since I didn't even buy that they were truly friends in the beginning, I really didn't care about that.

Add to that a hotchpotch of too many and unnecessary side plots, Jonas's father as a cardboard villain and an editing that leaves much to be desired (the POV changed several times in the middle of the page without any indication, no blank line, no new paragraph - NOTHING!) and this turned out to be quite disappointing.

Thanks to Marte for the BR!