marcomanganiello

⚣ MM Does MM ⚣

Review: "A Kind of Romance" (A Kind of Stories, #2) by Lane Hayes

A Kind of Romance - Lane Hayes

"Normal was balance. It was peace in a storm. It was the measure of justice that didn’t require a revolution. It was simply what was supposed to be. I craved normality. However, my turbulent mind buzzed with the realization that my definition might be out of date and out of whack. I had a premonition it was about to be tested. Again."

I liked this one better than the first book in the series, "A Kind of Truth".

And yet I can't seem to warm up to this series or this author. I can't put my finger on it - the writing is decent, the characters are likable and the romance is sweet. But I can't shake off the feeling that something is just plain missing.

The story in a nutshell: "Uptight businessman is irritated at first with the flamboyant twink. Until he isn't. The end.". That's it. I think the fact that I have dozens of shelves and I could only shelve this book under "Theme: flamboyant character" speaks for itself.

Maybe you'll like it better than me (there are a lot 5 stars-reviews!), maybe I just had a bad day or maybe it just simply wasn't for me. And while I don't want to discourage anyone from reading this series, I'm not exactly holding my breath for the next book.