marcomanganiello

⚣ MM Does MM ⚣

Review: "Breakaway" (Scoring Chances, #1) by Avon Gale

Breakaway - Avon Gale

"Oh my God," Jared groaned, staring up at the ceiling. "Sometimes, Lane? Sometimes I think if I typed 'douche-bag hockey player' into Google, it'd give me a picture of you."

Yeah, namely this one:

Ok, what the hell did I just read? Was this supposed to be a story about an adorably awkward MC? If so, the author failed BIG-TIME, because Lane was nothing but annoyingly awkward AF.

I am still confused about what this character was supposed to be. Was he just a simpleton? Or the village idiot? Maybe a six-foot-three man-child? Because he certainly read like a 14-year-old.

And his obsession to want to "pet Zoe's tits" all the time? What the fuck was that all about? What 20-year-old GAY guy acts and behaves like that? It was like Lane has never seen a woman before in his entire life. Now I have never been to Canada myself, but I am 98% sure that they do have women over there too (if not, then I apologize and take it back).

And what was the fucking point of those constant and annoying threesome references (other than to alienate readers from this couple and their relationship)?

To sum up, I can say that I HATED Lane with a burning passion of a thousand suns, I was annoyed with Jared for sticking with Lane (whatever he saw in him is beyond me), the sex scenes were painfully awkward and the whole relationship was just utterly ridiculous and - what's even worse - boring.

PS: Half a bonus star because the author clearly is a big hockey fan and that aspect of the story was well-researched and written with palpable passion.

PPS: People keep saying that this series will get better, but I am more than wary at this point.