marcomanganiello

⚣ MM Does MM ⚣

Review: "Connection Error" (#gaymers, #3) by Annabeth Albert

Connection Error - Annabeth Albert

"God bless naked Twister."

Hooyah! I am bursting with joy right now. What better way to end the year than with a 5-star read?

It's impossible to write a proper review without giving away any spoilers. I went into this book with only the information from the blurb and without having read any reviews and I highly recommend that you do the same!

This is one of those cases where it definitely pays out to go into a book blindly, because there was a HUGE twist/revelation quite early in the story (chapter 2, at 9% on my Kindle) which dominated the rest of the book. I can only imagine that the author didn't want to give this information away in the blurb so that the reader can take this journey together with the MC Josiah from the beginning. AND IT WORKED! I was totally taken aback when I got to that point.

What I can tell you though is that I loved the way the two MCs Josiah and Ryan have been written and how their relationship progressed oh so ever slowly and full of banter, sexual innuendos and emails. I just LOVED how Josiah didn't hold back his attraction towards Ryan from the very first moment they've met and how he slowly but surely tore down Ryan's walls and made him see that it's OK to not just give, but also accept comfort from other people. This truly was hurt/comfort at its best.

The - in romance novels unavoidable - relationship conflict towards the end was surprisingly and refreshingly realistic and absolutely convincing. It was the natural climax the story was building up to from the start, and it was resolved just perfectly. I was SO relieved that it wasn't just one of those big misunderstanding arguments (ugh!) or - even worse! - another "I'm not good enough for you, so I'm breaking up with you." (UGH!) BS moment.

Connection Error can definitely be read as a standalone; you don't need to read the first two books from that series to understand what's going on. But I recommend that you do, because I liked those stories just as well. But this one turned out to be my favorite of the series so far.

One last shout-out to Sean Crisden for giving another outstanding audiobook performance. If you get the chance, you should listen to the audiobook because it took an already great book and made it even more perfect.

Highly, highly recommended! And thanks to Marte for the BR!