marcomanganiello

⚣ MM Does MM ⚣

Review: "Forget Me Not" (Mnevermind, #2) by Jordan Castillo Price

Forget Me Not - Jordan Castillo Price

"He cupped my jaw and ran his thumb over my cheekbone and said, "I can't stop thinking about you, and all I want to do is be with you. Even if it's like walking through a minefield."

Ever since Heidi Cullinan's "Carry the Ocean", I have a soft spot for MCs on the autistic spectrum. So not only did the POV switch from Daniel to Elijah totally take me by surprise, but I was ECSTATIC when I started the first chapter.

And whereas I already liked Elijah in the first book, I absolutely LOVED him in this one.

The way he accepted being gay just like that, how he handled it and how he dealt with life in general and his feelings towards Daniel - everything about him just felt so real and was so touching and fascinating that I didn't want this book to end.

And though the blossoming relationship between Elijah and Daniel is still in its early stage, their chemistry was undeniably palpable, both in and out of the bedroom.

From the author's note:

"It was important for me to really do justice to Elijah and ensure he wasn’t a parody. It was also crucial to make sure he had an actual personality and wasn’t merely a bundle of textbook traits. I think things like his doggedness, his unflinching and methodical observances and his high opinion of his own intellect give him some nice abrasive texture. If all we saw of him were his challenges and sufferings, he’d be a wimpy and unlikeable character. I also wanted to make sure he had lots of room to grow."

I'd say mission accomplished, Ms. Price!